Why Join us?
Research tells us that babies listen to sounds while in the womb and react accordingly, being soothed by Classical music. When small babies start to blubber they enjoy the feeling and the noises they make. This progresses and as the child grows so does it’s capacity to speak, shout and sing nursery rhymes. All children love to sing and, luckily for them, they have plenty of opportunity to do so. For us adults it is not quite so easy to find an outlet for using our singing voice, but joining a choir like Voices of Limerick provides just such an opportunity.
Some of the many benefits in joining our choir
- Voices of Limerick is a choir with no social or age barriers.
- Make friends with 70 other singers instantly and enjoy the camaraderie.
- Keep your brain active.
- Learn to sing beautiful music choruses and songs.
- Enjoy a carefree evening in pleasant company.
- Raise your self-esteem by becoming a member of a choir established over 20 years ago which has an excellent reputation.
- Boost your confidence by singing with excellent guest singers and accompanists to large audiences.
- You will have no qualms about singing solo at social gatherings.
- Learn discipline and co-operation as you blend your voice with voices of others around you.
- Receive voice training and improve your breathing as you are taught to inhale, exhale slowly and hold notes.
- Your deportment improves as you hold yourself in the correct position for projecting your voice.
- Learn to recognise notes, note values, rest values and dynamics.
- Be exposed to several languages as the choir sings in Italian, German, Latin, English and Irish.
- Put your voice to good use by helping Voices of Limerick stage memorable concerts which enhance the profile of Limerick City and by participating in fundraising concerts for charitable causes.
If you really think that you might be interested, contact us now to arrange coming along, without any commitment, to one rehearsal, just to see how it all works.
Details for Joining or Contacting us are available on the How to Join Page.